Database Disasters and How to Find Them
- Hi! Could you briefly introduce yourself?
- I’m Christophe Pettus. I’m the CEO of PostgreSQL Experts, Inc., a boutique full-service PostgreSQL consultancy based in the San Francisco Bay area.
- How do you engage with the PostgreSQL community?
- I’m newly on the PostgreSQL community infrastructure team, and the PGX team is heavily involved with community and conference organization.
- Have you enjoyed previous pgDay Paris or other PostgreSQL Europe conferences, either as attendee or as speaker?
- I’ve spoken at pgDay Paris, Nordic PGDay, and PostgreSQL Conference Europe… very happy to be a part of the EU community!
- What will your talk be about, exactly? Why this topic?
- PostgreSQL is extremely reliable, which often means that when some kind of disaster does happen, a DBA may have never seen this before. The talk is a compendium of different kinds of rare database problems, and how to respond to them when they happen.
- What is the audience for your talk?
- DBAs and devops people who might be called upon when a PostgreSQL server has a problem.
- What existing knowledge should the attendee have in order to follow your talk?
- A basic understanding of PostgreSQL administration is all it takes.
- Which missing feature would you most like to see in PostgreSQL?
- Multiple nodes operating on shared storage.
- Thank you!