From a legacy relational DB to an event queue
- Hi! Could you briefly introduce yourself?
- I’m Fabrice, currently a software developer at leboncoin, where we use postgres databases of all shape and sizes as our main data storage.
- Have you enjoyed previous pgDay Paris or other PostgreSQL Europe conferences, either as attendee or as speaker?
- I’ve attended a few Parisian Meetup and spent some time in the PostgreSQL room at fosdem, but it will be my first pgDay Paris.
- What will your talk be about, exactly? Why this topic?
- My talk will be about how we were able to use PostgreSQL replication logic to stream data creation and event from a database to kafka topic. I thought it was an interesting topic because at leboncoin we’ve had difficulties going from a monolith with a single relational database to microservices with each their own datasource.
- What is the audience for your talk?
- I hope it will interested everyone. But I think backend developer and DBA trying to scale an organization might be the most interested.
- What existing knowledge should the attendee have in order to follow your talk?
- It should be accessible to anyone.
- Thank you!